Hellenic Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology
The Hellenic Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology (HAGG) is a non-profit scientific association which was founded in 1977 in order to advance the scientific research on geriatrics and gerontology, as well as the creation of high quality services for the elderly.
It is the largest scientific association on Gerontology in Greece and its main vision is the establishment of cooperation and the exchange of information among Greek and international academic institutions and other scientific associations in the fields of Geriatrics and Gerontology and the improvement of the quality of life of older citizens.
The main activities of the Greek Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology include:
- The participation in European and international projects and programmes.
- A comprehensive electronic library containing academic research articles on gerontology and geriatrics.
- The creation of an electronic educational platform for students and health professionals.
- Educational programmes including an annual seminar on Psychogeriatrics for health professionals.
- Organisation of Scientific Conferences including the Panhellenic Conference on Gerontology and Geriatrics which takes place every two years.
- Creation of programmes and services for patients with dementia and their carers.
- Provision of information and public awareness raising on issues relating to old age.
If you would like to receive more information on the activities of the Hellenic Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology and for any other queries please contact us at +30 210 38 40 317 / email: email@example.com